cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refeshing SIM data

WG1316
Tuning in

I found this thread as I am having the same problem. My phone is 2 years old and my sim maybe older (unsure).

This Refreshing Sim Data message is fairly new to me. Never encountered it until January this year.

I notice that when the refresh message appears I lose phone connectivity. I usually have my phone set to make calls via WiFi as I live in a flat with thick walls, which give poor phone reception.

I am unable to try my sim in another phone.

What is the remedy for this problem? 

51 REPLIES 51

Hi Dave, thanks for getting back to me. I'm using a Samsung S21. I've not had a replacement SIM but that didn't work for my partner either who had the identical problem. 

Hi Cavlife,

Thank you for confirming you have an S21 and haven't tried a different Sim card, you advised your Wife has the same issue and has had a different sim sent, what phone does she have?

Regards

Paul. 

That would be a Samsung S10.

That would be a Samsung S10.

Hello Cavlife.

Thanks for replying.

Can you please try this and let me know if that helps.

Gareth_L

Hi Gareth, 

We've now tried this a couple of times but still, today, the wifi calling option vanishes when our mobile signal drops at home.

As mentioned before, when this happened to my partner the solution from your IT guys was "SIM toolkit needed to be amended" so perhaps that could be applied to mine?

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Cavlife, thanks for this reply and your update.
We're sorry to see you're gone through these options and it didn't help.

Just to be sure, we'd need to see if this is due to the SIM or the device/settings.

For checking if your network settings are causing this please follow these steps: select Apps from your home screen > Virgin SIM toolkit > Roaming > Mode > Manual > International. Once this has been done, you might need to reboot. Let us know if this works for you.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I'm afraid doing this only added to the problem and didn't work at all. When I was out today I received no signal whatsoever. Once I reverted my settings to the way they were and restarted my phone I got reception again. 

Hi @Cavlife

Thanks for your response

Are you able to try the SIM in a different device to see if the issue is ongoing please?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Yes I tried that a while ago with my partners phone (who is also on a virgin contract) and the problem persisted.