cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refeshing SIM data

Johnny4342
Tuning in

I received a new SIM at the beginning of May. Occasionally I get a message 'refreshing SIM data' when I'm using the internet (wifi). When this happens the internet session is interrupted and the page refreshed, which is inconvenient. Can you please advise on how I can stop this? Thanks

94 REPLIES 94

Zach, I have

Taken my SIM out cleaned it and replaced

I cannot find how to 'refresh network settings' on my Samsung Galaxy A12

Did the manual network search etc - no difference

Changed to 2G and back - no difference

Steve

Hi Zach

I first posted/joined this thread nearly a year ago, so understandably Im getting notifications that others are posting/joining, so thought I'd throw in my pennies worth.

In answer to your question about troubleshooting, you may find it beneficial to read through the thread as your Forum colleagues made suggestions (this would save people having to reiterate)

I had a new sim, tried the 'techy' fixes and had a private message from one of your colleagues who completely didn't understand the issue and went on frustratingly about billing (not relevant) I personally have no resolve and from the looks of the thread neither have others with the same complaint

I would be interested if this has ever been resolved for anyone on this thread.

Hi @stephez,

Thank you for getting back to us so promptly on this.

I'm going to send you a private message in a few moments so that we can take a closer look at what's going on. Please respond to this at your earliest convenience and we can go from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi @Angelique,

I am really sorry to hear that this issue seems to be ongoing for you.

Do you still have access to the private message that you've referred to? If so, please respond to that advising that the issue unfortunately remains and we can proceed from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

I have tried logging on to 2g and another network then back to original and Virgin (won't even log me on to Virgin) I have to set to automatic.

Tried a new SIM 

Also tried a factory reset

Hi kmknights, 

Thanks for confirming that for us. 

Can you try the SIM in another device to see if you get the same issue?

Pop back here and let us know how it goes. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I have tried my SIM in my husbands phone and same isdue;   my husbands SIM in my phone seemed to work

Hello kmknights, 

I am more than happy to take a look at this for you 
I will need to send you a private message to pass security 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L

Hello kmknights

Thanks for those details

I have arranged for a new Sim to be sent out 

This should be with you by the end of the week

You just need to activate it in the next 31 days 

Can you please let me know how you get on 

Gareth_L

Thanks Gareth,  however I have already had a new SIM sent and it made no difference