cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refeshing SIM data

Johnny4342
Tuning in

I received a new SIM at the beginning of May. Occasionally I get a message 'refreshing SIM data' when I'm using the internet (wifi). When this happens the internet session is interrupted and the page refreshed, which is inconvenient. Can you please advise on how I can stop this? Thanks

94 REPLIES 94

I have also had this issue over the last year.

Kinda glad it's not just me, but why are so many of us having this issue??

Tried all suggestions but no improvement.

Really frustrated and ready to leave Virgin for another provider soon

Thanks for your post, MrsR44,

Can you clarify if this is still happening and have you had your SIM replaced since getting these messages?

Cheers,

Corey C

I'm having the same issue aswell..

I had my SIM replaced and it didn't make any difference

No, I've not had my Sim replaced

OK I'll send you each a PM to confirm your mobile account details.

Cheers,

Corey C

kmknights
Joining in

I have been having this issue of 'refreshing SIM data'  message since February.  I have also lost mobile signal while at home (my husbands Virgin phone still has full signal so we have network signal at home).   I have had a new SIM but still having same issues.   Tried fixes on here and also doing a full reset but still have same issue.   

Hi @kmknights,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am really sorry to hear that you're getting this message. Would you mind clarifying what diagnostics and troubleshooting you've performed thus far, please? This way we can ensure that nothing is repeated where possible, but also that nothing is missed either.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

I too have been having this issue with "refreshing SIM data" for the last two months.  I live in an area where the Virgin mobile phone signal is very weak, as mentioned above in posts - so I can make a call in some rooms of my house but not others.  My wife's phone (also on Virgin) has started having the same issue.  In addition, both of our phones have started showing the "SIM card manager" page without us requesting it (it can also be reached via settings).  Under the SIM it says Unknown where it should say Virgin and then under that Unknown Number.  This keeps interrupting what I am doing (e.g. watching TV on phone) and it has got so bad that I am having to put the phone on airplane mode with just wifi.

I read the set messages in this topic with great hope there would be a solution, but it seems there is no solution despite it being long standing.  

I note that your competitors have a cheaper offer with greater allowances.  I guess they also do not have this problem.

Can you help?

Steve

Hi @stephez,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

It's a shame to hear that you're experiencing this issue. Can you confirm what diagnostics and troubleshooting you've performed thus far in an effort to remedy this?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!