cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refeshing SIM data

Johnny4342
Tuning in

I received a new SIM at the beginning of May. Occasionally I get a message 'refreshing SIM data' when I'm using the internet (wifi). When this happens the internet session is interrupted and the page refreshed, which is inconvenient. Can you please advise on how I can stop this? Thanks

94 REPLIES 94

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Johnny4342, thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

Please can you describe how you're receiving the messages?  Is it on the webpage or is it a message from Virgin Mobile?

Regards

Lee_R

Hi,

A pop up message appears at the bottom of the screen when I'm on the web page.

Thanks,

John

I am also experiencing the same issue. I got a new Samsung S20 in March and popped in my existing SIM. I now regularly get a pop up saying SIM refresh which is annoying. I thought it might be a teething problem with the new device, but a few software updates down the line it still does this.

Does the SIM need replacing?

Emily_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for the information. 

Can you please look in your handset settings in the Network section for something along the lines of 'Refresh network settings' please?

Run through this and let us know how this goes. 

Thank you, Emily.

Hi,

I did the network settings reset as suggested. I still get the refreshing SIM data message - it is a bit different than previously experienced because the delay in the page being refreshed is shorter.

So problem not quite as bad as before but it hasn't been entirely solved!

Thanks,

John

Hey Johnny4342,

Are you still suffering from this issue? 

If so please can you try to do the below

-Manual network search and choose any other network except Virgin or EE e.g., O2, Vodafone etc. (will tell you unable to connect or show no service) 
-Switch handset to 2G only. This can usually be found by going to the "settings" option within the menu of your phone 
-Then manually search again and choose Virgin 
-Then set back to 4G

Can you confirm if the sim works in another handset for the data? 

Please give this a try and let me know if it works and fixes your issue.

Regards

Steven_L

I've tried both the suggested fixes and neither have resolved the issue.

If I am online or on whatsapp or anything similar a grey pop up still shows intermitently on the bottom of the screen saying Sim Refreshing.

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

I will private message you Angelique. 

Cheers. 

Hi

I have the same issue with the same handset, an S20. It's been an issue since I got the SIM over a month ago but it's only recently I've noticed it affecting the phone (network connection, slow performance).

Done all of the above and all out of ideas.

Thanks

Ed