cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Referral failure

aderussell
Dialled in

I registered with the third party company and got my referral code. Passed it on to someone else to sign up so we both get a referral bonus and the 789 person did not have a clue what we were talking about. She did not know anything about a referral. What is the point of advertising this, to get more customers, just to deny all knowledge when we try?

9 REPLIES 9

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

And who was the third party company?

The last referral offer I saw ran till the 31st October and would be paid 60 days after sign up, so the end of December.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi aderussell, thanks for your post.

You can find all the info you need about referrals via this link: virg.in/raf if the faq's there don't clear things up please let us know what you need help with and we'll do our best.

Tom 

Yes I read that at the time.

It says     ' if you call us to place your order, you will need your referral code. You can’t call up to add it after you’ve already placed your order, so make sure you have it handy if you choose to call us.'

The referral code was quoted but the person taking the call knew nothing about it.

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

OK in that case it would be best to get in touch with VM’s referral partner Aklamio by calling them on
01576 820030 or sending an email to virgin-media@aklamio.com they will be able to assist further. I'm sorry it's not something we can help with directly from here but please keep us updated with how you get on.

Tom 

Well my update is that I will not bother

It is NOT the money (in this case it would only be £5 each) it was to draw attention to the fact that Virgin advertise an offer and the system set up to provide this has failed - and I am sorry but saying there is nothing Virgin (who advertise it) can do about it is not acceptable. It clearly states on your website that it cannot be claimed after the event - only at the time of ordering. I have no doubt that if I contact Aklamio they will say that the person that took the order was a Virgin rep and it is nothing to do with Aklamio. This is the problem with outsourcing. I used to work for an outsourcing company. It produces nothing but problems that affect customers.

My prediction was correct.I contacted Aklamio:

QUOTE:  "If a purchase has been completed through the hotline, the Virgin Media agent was obliged to register the reward in our referral system. As we can see, this has not been done at all, and we do not know why. We are not able to assist you if their agent has not registered anything in the referral system."

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @aderussell,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post, and I'm sorry to hear that this has been your experience with us. 

In this case, I would advise you contact our Team on 789 from your Virgin Media mobile, or on 03454541111 from any other number to discuss this issue further. 

We're unable to assist on this issue from this platform, but our team will be more than happy to assist and look into this for you. 

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

This just goes in circles

It was 789 that said they knew nothing about this referral code

Everyone involved say they can do nothing and say call someone else (who  also says they can do nothing)

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for coming back to us @aderussell

I am going to pop you over a PM so that I can look further into this. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M