Menu
Teddy515
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Red Flag on account

My mother in law has tried to get a PAC code for her Grandsons mobile which is on her account. She has been told that there is a Red Flag on the account which nobody in customer services can enlighten her on. She has been told that the answer is in the “back office “ which is locked. This was on Friday 23/11/18. She was told it would take 3 days to sort. I rang on her behalf Monday 26/11/18 a lady who identified herself as Jennifer promised to call back today ( Tuesday) this never happened. My mother in law rang today as it is causing her immense stress and worry. She has been told to wait a further 3 days for an answer. Can anybody help resolve this issue?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Red Flag on account

Hi Teddy515. Thank you for your post and welcome to our forums. 

We are sorry to hear about the inconvenience which this has caused. Has there been any progress with this since your last post? 

If not we'd like to help you on here.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thank you 

David_Pn
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Teddy515
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi thank you for your reply. 

There has been no progress whatsoever since I left the post. We are afraid to contact customer services again as last time we did so they added a further 3 days for them to resolve the issue. My mother in law is at her wits end with this and seriously considering moving her 4 mobile contracts and her Virgin Media package to another provider. Which is a great shame as she has been with Virgin since they took over telewest many years ago. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Teddy515.

We appreciate that this has also been very time consuming for you. 

I'd like to enter the account and take a look at what's been happening.

I'll send you a private message shortly.

Thank you. 

David_Pn
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Teddy515
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Day 11.... more phone calls and texts to Virgin customer service. Still can’t get the flag removed even though a Manager in the Retention department stated that it should not have been put on in the first place. 

Each day I call I speak to a different advisor who reads off the same script as the advisor the day before. 

I have raised a complaint with Virgin and OFCOM. 

When I said to an advisor that there was a massive training issue with their staff they agreed. What does that tell you???!!!!

ratchetxxo
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I'm having exactly the same issue as you.

I have called 789 about 6 times and just get the same response - 'Back office will have to look into it, it will take X number of days'. Every time I call back, nothing has changed, regardless of how many days I wait. I just want to be able to pay the bill on my phone to resume service. I have been without a phone now for over a month because of this.

I cannot log in to my virgin account as it says there is an error - not sure whether this is related to the 'flag' on my account or not - so I'm just being charged for services that I currently have no access to or cannot downgrade/put on hold.

Any help from virgin would be welcome at this point, as I am considering finding another phone provider and don't want an outstanding amount left on this account. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi ratchetxxo,

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry to hear about the issue you're having. 

When were you advised that the back office would be investigating this?

^Martin

0 Kudos
ratchetxxo
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Martin,

I called initially on the 17th of December and was told that the request to remove the flag on my account would take 24 hrs to process. I then called back on the 19th Dec and the flag was still on my account. This time I was told that it would take 48 hrs to process, so I rang back on the 22nd but was told to call back after Christmas as no one was available to remove the flag. I called back after Christmas on the 6th January and this time I was told that I had to phone back within the hours of 8am - 5pm to speak to the technical team. My last call was on the 8th January where I was told I needed to speak to the fraud investigation team - where I was transferred and put on hold for 20 minutes until the call dropped.

Again, I really would like this issue to be resolved as soon as possible as I am being charged for a tariff that I cannot and I just want to pay my bill.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

We will certainly do all we can to assist you with this.

I'm going to send you a private message so I can help further.

Thanks

Nathan B

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos