Menu
Highlighted
jayhonda
Tuning in
Message 1 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Recycled phone

I sent my Samsung S6 for recycling and received confirmation of receipt on 22/10/18. On 08/11/18 I received another email to say payment had been sent. As I had still not received the payment, I emailed the Virgin Recycle Team on 17/11/18 and received a reply from West One Technology on the same day stating a request for support had been created and giving me a 'ticket' number. As of today 21/11/18, I have still not received any reply or advice as to how they are dealing with this. I am so angry at this delay. I think I would just like my old phone back now!! Has anyone got any advice for me please?                                                                                                    

0 Kudos
Gdread
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Re: Recycled phone

Yep, same happened to me. I've posted here and emailed them. It's either theft, fraud or more likely incompetence. I got a reply today saying the money would be in my account within 24 hours.......

0 Kudos
jayhonda
Tuning in
Message 3 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Incompetence sounds about right! Wish I'd kept the phone! Hope you do get your payment  in the next 24 hours.

0 Kudos
Gdread
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 31
Flag for a moderator

I'll let you know, hope yours gets paid. 

0 Kudos
CeeCee85
Joining in
Message 5 of 31
Flag for a moderator

This has also happened to me. I received the notification that the payment had been sent on the 8th Nov as well and have still not received it. I've chased it three times since then and have not had a response. The service is shocking!
Was also looking for some advice on how long this will take so hopefully someone at Virgin will respond.
0 Kudos
jayhonda
Tuning in
Message 6 of 31
Flag for a moderator

I haven't any replies yet either! Thought about using the text service but if it's like the rest of customer service.....! I'll keep an eye on this thread and see how you and Gdread get on! 

Gdread
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 31
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Wasted an hour today on the phone but realise this is their contact info:

https://recycle.virginmedia.com/contact_us

I'm also reporting this to Action Fraud as it's not a simple civil matter

https://www.actionfraud.police.uk/
0 Kudos
jayhonda
Tuning in
Message 8 of 31
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Haven't had opportunity to try and contact them today but will start again tomorrow. Thank you for the update. Have been thinking about contacting West One Technology as they are the people who take the phones for reconditioning and onward sale. Really not sure what to do. Can't believe all this!

0 Kudos
jayhonda
Tuning in
Message 9 of 31
Flag for a moderator

As an after thought, I see that the contact phone number is shown as 0345. When I looked for help the prefix on the Virgin site was 0845. Phoned this twice and each time was engaged!

0 Kudos
Gdread
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 31
Flag for a moderator

The email address just opens up another help desk ticket. Common theme seems to be 8th November.....
0 Kudos