cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recently ported to virgin now iMessage not verified

Jessiea95x
Tuning in

Hi, had my iPhone two days it’s it’s ported fully yesterday apparently, Everything is set up as my original number I’m keeping.. when I text it texts off the and phones of it, only problem seems is it just keeps saying verifying on iMessage so I’m unable to use iMessage or FaceTime.

have tried everything updated all the phone numbers.. rebooted, turned off on. Signed out of Apple ID. Nothing seems to be working

TIA

28 REPLIES 28

Hi yeah I’ve tried the Apple ID, I’ve just reset the full phone and it’s still doing it😭  it was saying verifying now it just won’t let me click the number st all for iMessage or FaceTime x

ED462073-D045-4DD3-AEF3-03257790EB39.png

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The important thing is rebooting the phone after signing out of Apple ID and before signing in again after it restarts. Appears signing out then back in does not work.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

D3669FB2-BB87-4062-BDA3-FE7E6F5DFBE1.jpeg

I have rebooted the full phone signed back in this is the issue x

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Are you able to try the above @Jessiea95x as what @enlli has advised?

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

Yes I tried what the op suggested just signed back in now it’s just not letting me click the number at all. Still a tick with my email. When I click the number to use as iMessage it’s not doing nothing x

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Doing some Google work there is a suggestion it can take up to 24 hours to activate. This is just one of several posts

https://appletoolbox.com/facetime-imessage-waiting-for-activation-how-to-fix/

Apart from that I'm out of options as I don't have an iPhone

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Can you do one final thing for me please? 

Can you factory reset the phone again - when you have done that and are going through the set up process, when it asks if you want to restore can you just not select a backup and go through as if it's a brand new phone. The reason I want to try that is to see if the settings for it is being stored within the backup you're doing - so as a brand new installation with no back up would let me know that. 

Keep me posted. 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

I have just done as you said and it’s still a tick with my email, it’s the correct number I need displayed just says unsuccessful 

Thankyou 

I’ve lost all my contacts now too, could cry 😭 have seen this is been a bit of a problem between virgin and apple on here? Tried literally everything possible 😭

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Your contacts wouldn't be lost if you have a back up on your phone - you can just restore to that version. 

The only other thing I could suggest now is a SIM replacement - I will send you a private message so I can take some details. 

Cheers, 

Ryan.