cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiving multiple ‘welcome to Jamaica’ texts on holiday in Jamaica

MB51
Tuning in

Sent here by Virgin’s Twitter team who ran out of ideas to try and assist. I’ve been in Jamaica since Friday and been sent almost 1000 ‘welcome to Jamaica’ texts and ‘welcome to USA’ too.(?) Average of 130 a day. How can this be stopped. I’ve a UK account.

6 REPLIES 6

MB51
Tuning in

Meant to say, thanks in advance for any help offered!

Hi MB51,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to hear you are getting multiple welcome texts from the Network in Jamaica, sounds like there is a validation issue, can you try turning off the handset then turn it back on again, also try turning roaming off and on, if it still happens if possible try your Sim in another handset?

Regards

Paul.

Thanks Paul. Twitter colleagues  suggested those first two actions and it didn’t result in any change. I don’t have another device to swap card unfortunately. Tbh it’s a nuisance rather something requiring urgent attention. We go home soon.  Any other ideas?

Other than turning roaming off altogether there isn't anything else I can suggest, sounds like there is a connection issue and the network isn't able to confirm your SIM.

Regards

Paul.

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

These text messages are auto generated and probably happen each time you change roaming network. Manually selecting one network may help.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Cheers enlli. Tried that too, swapped between Flow and Digicell on suggestion of Twitter Virgin folk.