cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiving Premium Rate Text Messages...

PaulGreyhead
On our wavelength

I have been charged for receiving premium rate text messages, which I haven't received, nor have I signed up for any!

I have searched for the number (44700044001) but haven't found anything. Can anyone help please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The number is a none geographic number and as such finding out the originater is nigh impossible. A company called Orbit was mentioned as using 07000 numbers but I can't find anything about them

Go into your online account and set your spend above allowances to £0 and see it that stops the extra charges

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @PaulGreyhead,

Welcome back to our community forums and sorry to hear you are having issues with premium-rate text messages.

We want to do our best to help regarding this. The following link may best help you regarding this https://store.virginmedia.com/the-legal-stuff/our-policies.html.

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

No, that link doesn't help at all!

I'd like to know where the texts originated from, why I don't actually see them on my phone, and why I'm being charged for them!

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The number is a none geographic number and as such finding out the originater is nigh impossible. A company called Orbit was mentioned as using 07000 numbers but I can't find anything about them

Go into your online account and set your spend above allowances to £0 and see it that stops the extra charges

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Sorry to hear this Paul @PaulGreyhead.

Was the advice given by @enlli useful? If not, I can further look into this backend by sending a private message to you.

Please let me know how you want to proceed.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

Yes please, that would be great. Thank you.

In this case, I have sent you a private message regarding this. 

Please look out for the purple envelope and provide a response when you can,

Thanks, 

Akua_A
Forum Team

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

No problem at all @PaulGreyhead,

Glad to have helped with this. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need any further help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team