cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiving Debt Collection letters for an issue that was "resolved"

Just_Jay_92
Joining in

Hi, I have received another Debt Collection letter from bpo for a Debt that was supposedly resolved by advisers over the phone.

When I first signed up for Virgin several years ago I was told that the sim card came free with the Oomph package, and just to leave it deactivated if I like as I already have a contract with EE. I received a letter around a month ago asking for £21 to bpo Collection on behalf of Virgin for a sim card I never used. I checked my emails and noticed I was charged £7 a month for 3 months, for a sim contract I never activated or was told about.

After multiple phone calls to your advisors, I was told the Debt was cleared and the mobile account was closed, as they could see it was never activated. I was told they would relay this information to the Debt collection agency and that the matter was closed. However, I have received another Debt collection letter today, several weeks after being told it was resolved by an adviser. I am fed up being messed around now, for a sim I never signed up for, for a service I never used. If anyone could help me resolve this issue it would be greatly appreciated.

1 REPLY 1

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Just_Jay_92,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am incredibly sorry to hear that you're having some ongoing complications with a disputed charge for a Virgin Mobile SIM card. I'm going to send you a private message in a moment so I can take some additional details from you and have a closer look at what's going on.

Please respond to this at your earliest convenience and we can go from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!