cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiving Calls Internationally

am15558
Tuning in

Hi, traveling in the U.S. When I receive an incoming call instead of being connected to the caller, I get a beep, beep, beep sound and the call disconnects. Any ideas what is happening and how to fix? Thanks.

21 REPLIES 21

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Is you spend cap sufficient to allow for an incoming call?

£1.50 per minute to receive a call.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-roaming-hub/usa

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for your reply. I have it set at £20. Do you have any recommendation on the appropriate amount? Appreciate the help. Abbas

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @am15558,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post and I'm very sorry to hear that you've had some issues with receiving incoming calls. 

Have you taken a look at our USA Roaming Hub to see the roaming costs where you're travelling? I can see that @enlli as been able to advise you on Spending Caps. You can read more about this process on our website. 

The Spending Cap all depends on your needs. Let us know if there's anything else we can do to help.

We're here to assist.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Paulina,

Is it just a spending cap issue or a phone setup and permissioning issue? Thanks for your help. Abbas

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @am15558,

Thank you for coming back to us. Are you able to make any calls or make and receive any texts? Please take a look at our Mobile Issues page to see how this can assist with your query.

Keep us updated,

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

Can’t make calls either. Only receive and send texts. Thanks, Abbas.

Just to clarify, the calls are coming in, when I try to connect, that is when I get disconnected i.e. get the beep, beep, beep sound.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @am15558,

Thank you for coming back to me. Have you been able to take a look at the Mobile Issues page as I suggested in my previous response. Has that been able to help? Let me know.

Please also take a look at our Using Virgin Mobile Abroad page to see if this can help with your Mobile settings. 

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @am15558,

I understand. Please confirm if you've been able to take a look at the websites I previously attached links to and let me know if the troubleshooting helped at all.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team