cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Really weird data issue - no data on one iPhone 13 Pro

alexrparr
Tuning in

Hi - I have an iPhone 13 Pro on Virgin Mobile. My network seems to be a bit dodgy versus some other peoples - but I guess that's a consequence of it using the Vodafone network (if I am correct?)

However, at my work office bang in the centre of london, as soon as I step inside the office, my data stops working. Outside I have super fast 5G. Inside, my phone shows 4G, but doesn't receive any data. Postcode EC4A 3**. Intermittently on some days I appear to get 5G signals inside - at which point my data works. When switching back to 4G = no data. I don't have any weird case on.

I have a work phone which uses Vodafone with 4G plan. That one also shows 4G and works absolutely fine in the office! Given that both are using Vodafone, and my iPhone 13 Pro is a brand new perfect phone with a 5G plan working on what I believe to be the same network - what the hell is going on?

This one is baffling me. Anyone got any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @alexrparr,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post.

I am sorry to hear you're having some issues with the service at work. 

Have you checked the coverage checker for any coverage issues here or tried troubleshooting here?
Hope to hear from you soon 🙂

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks Ayisha,

I should have pre empted this but thanks. 

I have already viewed that site, reset my network settings etc. but remember I am in central London in a 5g area outside, and 4g inside. I have another phone there apparently operating on the same network that works fine. And it’s only when it loses 5g that it breaks. Everywhere else, it’s fine!!

I have to resort to tethering from my other phone!!

Hi @alexrparr

We are going to need to investigate this with you further and run some checks. I will continue this conversation through private message. You'll see your private messaged in the top corner of the page in the envelope.  

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley