cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reaching the Fraud Team

Benf2020fraud
Tuning in

About 8 months ago I contacted Virgin Mobile to ask why they were taking a payment from my bank every month. They couldn't tell me anything unless I knew my account password. I didnt open the account so I didnt have a password.

I told them "please leave a note on the account that I called because I am going to make sure this doesnt get paid again".

Since then I called again and asked why they keep trying to take money off me (it shows on my credit report that they keep trying) and managed to get someone to raise an internal fraud investigation. I have a reference number and everything.

Unfortunately since then it's been basically impossible to get an update and my credit report is now showing a repossession! How do I get in touch with someone in Virgin Mobile's fraud team before they do any more damage to my credit score?

21 REPLIES 21

Nowadays, the online world is full of frauds. So we have to be very careful with this. Over the years, there has been a lot of confusion about what constitutes credit fraud. It boils down to Setting up a company to obtain credit card numbers or opening bank accounts in another person's name without their knowledge. If you ever run into anyone offering to help you secure your online transactions, be very skeptical. The best way to avoid fraud is to use [Removed]. In this way, you will be safe whenever you access any dubious sites.

[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate Hyperlink removed, please review the Forum Guidelines]

Hi @EddaLeitman,

Absolutely. 

We have some help and support available via our Security Hub if there were any issues that need reporting. 

Regards

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs