cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reaching the Fraud Team

Benf2020fraud
Tuning in

About 8 months ago I contacted Virgin Mobile to ask why they were taking a payment from my bank every month. They couldn't tell me anything unless I knew my account password. I didnt open the account so I didnt have a password.

I told them "please leave a note on the account that I called because I am going to make sure this doesnt get paid again".

Since then I called again and asked why they keep trying to take money off me (it shows on my credit report that they keep trying) and managed to get someone to raise an internal fraud investigation. I have a reference number and everything.

Unfortunately since then it's been basically impossible to get an update and my credit report is now showing a repossession! How do I get in touch with someone in Virgin Mobile's fraud team before they do any more damage to my credit score?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Inferno
Up to speed

Virgin have become notoriously difficult to contact.

Hopefully the Forum Team will be able to help you - they seem to be the only people at Virgin who care at all in my experience.

If you’re still getting nowhere, ask someone on the Forum Team to raise a complaint for you, then ask for a letter of deadlock.
Once you’ve got this, you can take it to to the Ofcom approved Dispute Resolution service (CEDR) who will decide on the action Virgin needs to take.

Don’t forget to let Ofcom know about the trouble you’ve had by reporting them here:
https://ofcomforms.secure.force.com/formentry/SitesFormCCTMonitoring

You should be able to speak to your provider about fraud on your account - this isn't right.

Good luck!

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

21 REPLIES 21

Inferno
Up to speed

Virgin have become notoriously difficult to contact.

Hopefully the Forum Team will be able to help you - they seem to be the only people at Virgin who care at all in my experience.

If you’re still getting nowhere, ask someone on the Forum Team to raise a complaint for you, then ask for a letter of deadlock.
Once you’ve got this, you can take it to to the Ofcom approved Dispute Resolution service (CEDR) who will decide on the action Virgin needs to take.

Don’t forget to let Ofcom know about the trouble you’ve had by reporting them here:
https://ofcomforms.secure.force.com/formentry/SitesFormCCTMonitoring

You should be able to speak to your provider about fraud on your account - this isn't right.

Good luck!

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums Benf2020fraud and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to see you've been left in the dark regarding this account.

I will be happy to look into this and get some more details from you, check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a PM from me

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Benf2020fraud
Tuning in

Update as of 22/06.

I got through to someone and my original fraud case had been closed without me being notified. Virgin Mobile have continued to attempt to take money every month and I now have multiple missed payments and a default/repossession on my credit report.

I raised a new query and a new fraud case was opened. I was informed that I would receive some form of confirmation with 72 hours and nothing has come through.

Here's the timeline for anyone who is interested;

8th of October 2019 - initial contact

16th of Feb 2020 - try the (useless) SMS system and end up having to call. Fraud query raised

27th of March - 51 minute phone call. Nothing useful.

3rd of April - 1 hour 31 minute phone call. 

16th June - most recent call.

Hi Benf2020fraud,

Thanks for the update, sorry to to hear that you've not been contacted by our team. This is not the service we aim to provide. 

I will be happy to take a look at your account for you to see if there have been any updates. I will pop you over a private message.

Please click on the purple envelope to accept the chat. 

Kind regards Jodi

This is actually disgraceful.  Did this ever get sorted for you @Benf2020fraud ?

They really need to compensate you for the payments they've tried to take and for the damage done to your credit file.

Hi Inferno,

We have private messaged Benf2020fraud and will be assisting with this. 

^Martin

I am still going round in circles. The forum team seem nice but they don't appear to have the ability to help me.

@Inferno I think I am going to have to go down the route that you suggest and raise a complaint, followed by a letter of deadlock, followed by going to Ofcom.

Hi Benf2020fraud,

Thank you for coming back to us, I am sorry to see you still have not been contacted by the fraud team, a from has been filled out on several occasions, if you would like to raise an official complaint as mentioned you can view our complaints code of practice here .

Regards

Paul.