cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: “You have dialled an incorrect number”

Artaq
Tuning in

We have taken up a VM mobile contract for myself & wife on the Note 20 Ultra each since November 2020. We also have a VM line & broadband.

The numbers were both ported from EE to VM.

This only fails to work when using call over wifi. <would use normal but signal so low>

We have tried to call each other and both get the same error. We did get it to work once but since the phone tuning the phone off and on, which we do now and then. Has broken it again. We can call all other numbers, just the two we ported cannot be called.

We have tried all the items given by the phone agent to try: e.g  so removing sim, resetting the phone settings. Messing about the the mobile network settings. Re register to VM on sim by removing and adding again on the phone. This was a while ago now, so forgot the rest of what I did, as have the mental strength to try again. 

Nothing worked on a permeant bases. Please can someone kindly try again and help?

19 REPLIES 19

Hi Folks and Virgin Media,

I'm starting to lose a patience because of this issue. I realized that my child has a problem with WIFI calls to me and my wife too. My problem has not been resolved yet, now I get another one. From day to day I am near and near to end of my contract and end with my issue.

Thanks for your post and for reaching out to the Community Forums, agamik,

Apologies for the delayed response, have you been able to get this resolved since your post? If not then I will collect your mobile details in a private message and send it to mobile networking faults

Cheers,

Corey C

Dozer_302
Tuning in

I have the same problem.. just posted about it...  Is it fixed yet?

Both my numbers were also ported from EE...

No - not for me anyway. 

VM need to recognise that this is a common issue and not try to address it on an individual basis.  There are numerous posts on this board with the same issue.

It's also not working on VoLTE on the Vodafone platform (I've been moved to a 5G plan and hence to the Vodafone network) so I now have to also turn off  VoLTE as well as WiFi calling to allow me to call my father-in-law's number which he ported to VM from EE in December 2020. As I've said in other posts, none of our seven VM handsets can reach him with WiFi calling enabled and now also when using VoLTE on a 5G enabled SIM.

To me it's a routing issue to the VoLTE/WiFi calling platform which is happenning when the numbers are ported over.  It only seems to affect recently ported numbers (all the numbers we had ported last year are fine - it's only the one my father-in-law ported over in December that no-one can reach with WiFi calling or VoLTE enabled).

Hi

My partner and I ported over from 3 last month. no one in Virgin gives a ****.  Tried every possible adjustment suggested by CS and community and no joy. Still still still waiting for the promised calls from FMC. I really wish I'd gone somewhere else. VM are the pits.

Emily_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the post RJCameron.

We ask that you keep your query to one thread to avoid confusion.

Thanks, Emily.

It would be easier to comply with that request if you people actually did something about fixing the issues instead of treating us all like little school children. I only posted on here as a sign of solidarity with the other folks you don't care about either.

Emily_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

We've responded to your other thread. 

Thanks, 

Hi all,

my phones started working ok now, no problems with "incorrect number" now.

Thanks for help 🙂 but I waited a long of time for fix problem 😞

from me that all, I hope folks you solved the problems too, stay safe

Hi agamik, 
Thanks for coming back to us and updating the thread with how things are going. 
We're glad to hear that things are resolved for you now. If you have any further issues going forward then you know where we are.
Take care,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs