cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: “You have dialled an incorrect number”

Artaq
Tuning in

We have taken up a VM mobile contract for myself & wife on the Note 20 Ultra each since November 2020. We also have a VM line & broadband.

The numbers were both ported from EE to VM.

This only fails to work when using call over wifi. <would use normal but signal so low>

We have tried to call each other and both get the same error. We did get it to work once but since the phone tuning the phone off and on, which we do now and then. Has broken it again. We can call all other numbers, just the two we ported cannot be called.

We have tried all the items given by the phone agent to try: e.g  so removing sim, resetting the phone settings. Messing about the the mobile network settings. Re register to VM on sim by removing and adding again on the phone. This was a while ago now, so forgot the rest of what I did, as have the mental strength to try again. 

Nothing worked on a permeant bases. Please can someone kindly try again and help?

19 REPLIES 19

Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Artaq, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

Very sorry that since porting over you and your wife are unable to call each other. 

Is it just each other that you cannot call or does this include any other numbers? 

You can find out some further information regarding Wi-Fi calling and how to use it here

Let us know if you're still having issues. 

Emma_C - Forum Team

Thanks for your response.

It is just our numbers that we cannot ring to, any other number is fine. The only thing is that both numbers came from EE. All the files of the old note 10 were updated to the new phone via the Samsung link software.

agamik
Tuning in

Hi Emma_C,

I am on almost similar situation as Artaq.

We moved our numbers from o2 and we have broadband with Virgin without landline.

I tried to contact with Virgin couple times and one solution helped but only for few days and problem back, is there any solutiotion to sort taht permanently?

It started to annoying me with reset network setings ant typing in about 20 wifi passwords.

Regards

Hi Agamik,

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your mobile services looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration. I would be more than happy to look into this for you. 

Can you tell me when you ported your number over to us from O2 please? 

Thanks,

Megan_L

Hi Megan L

I ported my and my wife numbers same day: On 99% it was 30 August 2020.

Thanks,
Agamik

Thanks for coming back to us @agamik.

Which model of handset are you using, is it an iphone or a different brand?

Regards

Steven_L

Hi Steven_L,

Samsung S9

Regards,
Agamik

Anyone had any joy yet?

Nope!  I've posted my own thread on this too as we have exactly the same issue.  My father-in-law moved from EE to VM and the only way we can call his ported number is to turn wi-fi calling off (this is for ALL our other Virgin mobiles - 7 in total).

It looks as though some routing info hasn't been uploaded to the wifi calling backend when the number was ported over - all our previous ported numbers can be called just fine!