cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Wifi calling has stopped working

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Are you actually a customer of Virgin Media Broadband? If so, you will have the VM Hub providing the wifi to allow you to connect the iPhone to "wifi calling".

Unless, that VM Hub is in modem mode mode and you are using your own router and BT Hub to provide the Wifi or have connected the BT Hub to the VM Hub to provide wifi from that. Or if you trying to connect as a customer of BT Broadband? Then in both cases you need to ask in the BT Fora

Or do you just have VM mobile contract if so I can move this to the VM Mobile phone forum to see if anyone on there can help

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
5 REPLIES 5

vickieingle
Tuning in

Sorry didn’t realise this was the wrong forum - the whole thing is so confusing. I have a mobile contract with virgin and it was all working fine. I tried to call them to resolve but I can’t because …. My wifi calling has stopped working. Will try to work out how to move to the other forum you suggest but can’t currently see any such option

Anonymous
Not applicable

Try resetting your network settings on your iPhone:

Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPhone > Reset > Reset Network Settings

This usually works, but any Wi-Fi devices you’ve previously been connected to will be forgotten. 

Thank you - have tried it - no change. I think this must be to do with the switch or whatever happened on 21 January- their seem to be alot of people affected. I can’t wait for a solution as I cannot make or receive calls (no ordinary signal), so I have no choice but to switch provider

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you swap networks make sure it's one that offers WiFi Calling and VoLTE, not all do. Plusnet and Giffgaff don't, for example.

If you have Virgin Broadband and if the O2 signal is good in your area the new Volt offering may be a way forward. An O2 SIM only plan under the same name and Address as your broadband will double the data allowance on the SIM and you will get a boost of your WiFi speed up to the next level.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @vickieingle,

Welcome, thanks for posting.

I am sorry to see that your Wi-Fi calling is not working.

Please do look for my private message so I can help you further.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide