cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Moving to O2 network questions

Mr_Mike
On our wavelength

In an odd coincidence, my iphone suddenly started putting all my saved phone numbers etc in US format this morning.   No idea why, but if the network is pushing updates to the SIM curently I guess it might explain it.   I checked the location etc in iCloud/Contacts and it was correct, so I rebooted the phone and magically all the numbers are correct again.

Something is happening in the background, that's for sure...

3 REPLIES 3

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Mr_Mike, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear this.

Please can you just check you have dial assist turned off?

I had the same experience with my phone and by turning this off it fixed the issues. 

It does seem to very common issue since IOS15. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Dial assist is enabled, but I think that is required.  I travel for work and call people in other countries, including when roaming.

Everything has been fine since I joined about a month ago, but just this morning I got an iMessage from a friend and the alert on the phone gave his name as 'Maybe: contact name' instead of just the usual name.  I tried to reply and that didn't want to know either.  Then I looked into it and noticed the formatting of the numbers in the contact (including others, not just his) was all messed up, looked on here and there are some messages with similar-ish issues.

I restarted the phone and the issue has gone away (contacts have re-formatted to UK again), but it does indicate that something may have changed very recently, probably overnight last night.  I don't see SIM Applications any more, for one thing.

I would turn this off unless you are travelling, you can easily switch it back on.

It is a very common issue with Apple iphones, by turning dial assist off this fixed the issue for me personally.

What iphone do you have and have you updated the latest IOS version I have seen there is a few software bugs in this version it could be down to that.

It's nothing really to worry about for the time being, another thing you could do it put a +44 instead of a zero this is a fix around for it. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?