cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Mobile data very slow/sometimes non-existent.

Holmataramel
Joining in

Hi, I am also experiencing the same issue which is very frustrating. It must be related to switching over to the O2 network. Please could you help with this. My data is pretty much unusable at home and work now.

4 REPLIES 4

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Holmataramel 

See what these say

https://www.o2.co.uk/coveragechecker

https://status.o2.co.uk/

Although may not show the network congestion which is the main cause of slow data.

As an example I have just been out doing some work and needed to upload two pictures. O2 say good but I had to change my data connection to Vodafone to get the pictures to send.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Holmataramel,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your mobile signal at the moment.

How long has this been an issue for?

Does this happen in one particular area or is it happening in various locations?

Is this happening at any specific times of the day?

Have you tried your sim card in a different handset?

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

It's been like it for around a month. It might be since I was switched from Vodafone network to O2. Is there any way to switch back or are all VM customers stuck on O2 now? 

Looks like there's an O2 issue in the area:

Looks like a nearby phone mast isn’t working as it should, sorry.

Our engineers will be on the case already, and your service might come and go until we fix it. Just so you know, from Monday 6 March 2023 we’ll also be carrying out work with the aim to improve our network service in this area. We’re sorry if your service is affected while we work – we’ll do our best to minimise any impact.

Thanks for coming back to us Holmataramel, there is no way to switch back to Vodafone, we use the O2 network to provide our Virgin Mobile services.

I hope that O2 get the issues resolved much sooner than the estimated fix time that has been provided. 

Kind Regards,

Steven_L