Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Isle of Man

RDF
Superfast

Hi Zoie

How did you get on investing this ?

I have an unlimited SIM as part of my broadband package and would like to check how it will roam on the Isle of Man.

It's probably fine as all our other networks roamed there, but now I'm paranoid so could you confirm please?

Thanks

Roy.

14 REPLIES 14

Just so I'm clear, *if* international roaming does work for me on the Isle of Man, if I use 1GB of data whilst I'm there, it'll cost me £500

I really regret not checking this when I signed my contract, I do take responsibility for being so naive and will not make assumptions of companies in the future.

Brightside - I caught this before going on holiday.

RDF_0-1659082995919.png

Yes, I'm going on a bit, but out of curiosity, I checked to travel to the Isle of Man for O2 pay monthly customers ...

RDF_1-1659109582366.png

I'm off to the Vodafone shop to get a VOXI SIM.

You're not alone in going to Voxi.  I may be there with you soon, when I get my finger out.

I'm looking at coverage of remote locations in the UK that I visit then I will decide.

Quick update, dual SIM phone VM and VOXI.

Phone set to automatic network selection and VM international roaming on.

Both networks roamed to Manx telecom.

Receiving text and calls to VM ( not tried dialling/texting out )

Receiving and sending both with VOXI and data working well. ( Roam like home with fair usage cap )

One last update, with a couple of gotchas. 

A couple of times when my VOXI SIM roamed to Sure from Manx Telecom, data stopped working and at the same time, my VM SIM couldn't make outgoing calls. I manually changed VOXI to use Manx Telecom and both started working again. I'd suggest it could be a dual SIM Xiaomi thing, but we had the same set-up on my partner's Xiaomi and it was fine.

Other than that, VM received calls and texts, VOXI received and sent both calls and texts and data worked.

Our friends on O2 roamed like home flawlessly without doing a thing for the duration of our stay.

Hopefully, the next forumite searching "Isle of Man" will know what to expect, as of 11th Aug 2022.

*tagged with "Isle man" and "IOM" - wouldn't allow the tag "Isle of Man" hopefully it covers most searches.