cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Can't send messages with virgin - error 0 appearing when tring to send messages

Nick22
Tuning in

Hi

I also have this problem. What was the fix? Switching the phone off and on hasn't helped. I am able to send to some UK numbers, but not foreign ones. I tried to test this to my second SIM (which is non-UK), and got the same error.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Just a thought. As text to none UK numbers are chargeable check your spending cap is not set to zero

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Check the message centre number in your messaging app. Should be +447458 399008

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

The UK to UK part works. It is the international part that doesn't. This is a dual-SIM phone, and SMS messaging on the foreign SIM works, in and out, when in UK, but the international out doesn't on the UK SIM. I just get the Error 0 message.

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Just a thought. As text to none UK numbers are chargeable check your spending cap is not set to zero

You're a star! That did it. The account was set to 'Use existing allowances' or something, which I assumed meant just go with my plan. I changed it to £5, just to see whether it made any difference, and it did. I sent two texts, one to a friend, and one to my foreign SIM, and both went through. Problem solved! Thanks

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Yes, that setting means nothing outside of your inclusive allowance. So no international calls, text or chargeable numbers.

Glad it worked

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Nick22.

Welcome to the community and thanks for your first post, we're happy to have you with us 🙂 

I'm so glad to see @enlli was able to help you get this resolved. 

If you have any further issues, please pop another post on this thread and we'll happily assist. 

Thanks,

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide