cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Can't reply to Barclays text, Phone number formatted incorectly

Mark2402
Joining in

I’m also having this issue, premium numbers and parental controls are not on.

the text message from Barclays is one that can be replied too, I’ve pasted the text below.

Hi, we need to confirm some recent spend on your debit card ending ####.  #Please reply to messages from 65148. Before you do, STOP & THINK SCAM. Genuine organisations will never call you, to say what answers you should send for these fraud checks. If you've had such a call, it might be a scam. Your Barclays Team.

The text then comes through from 

4465148 and asks you to reply with a Y or N. When I reply it won’t deliver 

5 REPLIES 5

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I've moved your post to a new thread of its own as the original was old, and this has more chance of being picked up

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

That number looks wrong and produces Can't send from my phone which is not on Virgin. The 44 should be missing then it sends.

I've checked it is Valid Barclays

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Even if I remove the 44 and try and send I still cannot, see screen shot

A3BC3607-7ED2-4002-AB3D-03E3C25CA4E4.png

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Mark2402

Welcome to the community and thanks for your first post, we're happy to have you with us 🙂 

I'm sorry to hear you're having some issues replying to this number, I'm going to send you a PM so we can get your details and look into this for you. 

Please look out for a notification in the purple envelope located in the top right hand corner of your screen.

Thanks,

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for expanding on this issue over PM @Mark2402

I have now raised this for you with IT under reference P010530127. 

I'll be sure to keep you updated as soon as IT get back to me on this. 

Thanks for your patience 🙂 

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide