cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Bad roaming location

franhunts
Joining in

hi. I have exactly the same issue. Was this resolved?

Many thanks

16 REPLIES 16

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi franhunts, thanks for the message and sorry to hear that you are having an issue with the roaming, can you confirm where you are located and if a network search connects you to  a different mast? ^Chris. 

Hi. Thanks for the reply.

I am in Guadeloupe and am being billed at USA rates, rather than EU roam like at home.

A network search shows SFR, DIGICEL, 34004 and F-Orange networks. I am registered on digicel. All the other networks give 'your sim card does not allow connections to this network'

I have checked the roaming hub here, it is included, can you confirm where about in the country you are located? ^CW

Pointe à Pitre, pretty much central.

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @franhunts, thanks for getting back to us.

Have your online account confirmed you're being charged outside of your plan?

Regards

Lee_R

Hi.

Yes I'm being billed outside of my plan. However, the breakdown says Suriname is the roaming country.

I am sorry franhunts.  

Have you tried doing a manual network search to see if you can connect to a different network?

Regards

Lee_R

Yep. Please see my previous message. There are 3 other networks available but trying to connect to them gives an error message.

Hi franhunts, thanks for getting back to us.

I am going to take a more close look into this, as when I key in the details of your location, our Roaming Hub does not recognise it.

Regards

Lee_R