cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Push Notifications

Spoony36
Superfast

Hi,

I have a brand new Iphone 13 pro max and am really struggling with receiving push notifications.

It seems i am not the only one either reading other posts on this forum. This is from major companies like Amazon and Norton.

I have gone into settings > Notifications > Norton and Lock Screen, Notification Centre, Banners are all ticked.

Banner style is persistent, sounds and badges are turned on but i never receive the notification.

Not sure what else i can try or whether this is a SIM issue or just virgin in general but needs resolving

17 REPLIES 17

hmmm

So after deleting and  re-adding my emails, a few server names seem to be different (and port numbers too)

And when I check on the Virgin website, they are different to what’s been automatically set up.

I had trouble a year or two back with virgin changing servers and neglecting to mention it to anybody 😕

emails are still working, but still not being pushed to iphone … only when i open up the app.

So what exactly are the incoming/outgoing servers/ports supposed to be for imap please?

Are they still the same for both virgin media.com and blueyonder.co.uk addresses?

cheers

Mark

Hi wibble59

Thanks for coming back to me. 

Please see here - https://www.virginmedia.com/help/billing-and-payments/manage-email-account - this link should assist 🙂

Let me know how you get on

Best

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi again,

Yes, but the iphone is detecting different server names and ports based on the email account details entered.
Anyhow, cleared it all down and manually entered everything and I'm back to where I started.

Emails work but NOT with push.
In fact, in the iphone "Fetch New Data" section, none of the virgin email accounts have the "Push" option anymore, only "Fetch" and "Manual".

So what has changed?

Regards
Mark

Thanks for coming back to me. It could be an Apple issue as per this - https://discussions.apple.com/thread/253308061 - best

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi

Nope, that's related to microsoft outlook which I don't use.

Regards

Mark

Hi Mark, the link does suggest an overall issue, does it work on Webmail? If so, you will need to speak to Apple about this going forward. 

Is there anything further though that we can assist with here?

Let me know about the webmail.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Hi,

Webmail?

What has that got to do with pushing email to the phone?

There is nothing wrong with the email,  it just doesn't get pushed to the phone anymore so I don't know if I've got email unless I actually open the mail app.

Regards

Mark

This is a potential Apple issue then Mark, we were just clarifying whether webmail is working. You will need to speak to Apple regarding this.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team