cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Push Notifications

Spoony36
Superfast

Hi,

I have a brand new Iphone 13 pro max and am really struggling with receiving push notifications.

It seems i am not the only one either reading other posts on this forum. This is from major companies like Amazon and Norton.

I have gone into settings > Notifications > Norton and Lock Screen, Notification Centre, Banners are all ticked.

Banner style is persistent, sounds and badges are turned on but i never receive the notification.

Not sure what else i can try or whether this is a SIM issue or just virgin in general but needs resolving

17 REPLIES 17

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Spoony36

Sorry to hear of the messaging issues you're experiencing with the mobile service, we understand the confusion and frustration this can cause.

We're aware fo the issue and currently collating information to pass to the team leading this investigation. I will send you a Private Message to get this to help resolve the issue.

Rob

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thank you for providing the requested details Spoony36, these have been passed to the team investigating this and as soon as we have an update we will let everyone know now.

Rob

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Been saying that for 15+ Months  Good luck

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/Issues-receiving-OTP-text-messages/td-p/4328952

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I hope not as this is groundbreaking for me as my child uses Norton Family to check in and all that so I need these notifications.

I need to know my child is safe!

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Ah, then this might be a different problem

I've no idea how Norton Family works I'm afraid.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I presume Virgin never came back with any sensible solution to this?

All of a sudden, none of my virgin media emails are getting pushed to my iphone XR anymore.

Works for years and then suddenly it doesn’t, and it certainly wasn’t any setting change on my iphone!!

I now have to go into the email app to see if i have any mail.

I guess Virgin are still “monitoring the situation”.

pfft

Hi @wibble59

Thanks for posting. I am sorry to hear you're having issues with the emails on the iPhone. Can you try and delete the email of the phone and re-add it? See if that fixes things?

I do have an iPhone and had the same issue you've said, doing the above fixed it 🙂

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi,

well i’ll give it a go.

seems odd that this should suddenly happen to all 3 of my virgin email addresses though?

I do fully understand, let me know how you get on

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill