Menu
Griffinmk
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Purple sim.

Why have you downgraded my mobile sim card , I'm having major issues in connecting to virgin network, Iv tried text help and phone help and you have not got a clue. I'm fed up with half time network. 4g and voice isn't an issue, its when I'm in poor 4g network area, it will not let me connect to GSM or 3g it just says , your son don't allow connection to this network. I'm fed up with this and want out of my contract as your now not providing me with a stable service, #avoid virgin mobile.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Purple sim.

Hi Griffinmk, 

I am really sorry to hear of the experiences you're having with us at the moment, this doesn't sound great at all. 

I just want to clarify a few things if that's okay? When you say we have downgraded your SIM can I ask what you mean by this? 

Thank you for your post. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Griffinmk
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Purple sim.

Yes historically Iv had the old white sim. Apparently it's a re-branded ee sim. Iv never had much issue with that sim and neither does my partner. She still has the white sim card and still has no issues.

I have received a letter saying I have to change my sim to this new sim which is now a purple one. That apparently improves my network.  This new sim dose not in any way helps me and had actually affected my service level being the fact I can no longer use my phone at work or my partners house. I just get no signal. And when I search for a signal it dose come up virgin on network search but while connecting it's always says. This simcard won't allow connection to this type of network.

I have put my partners sim in to my phone and it dose work with out issue.  My sim in her phone I get the same issue. 

I don't want or require another sim to be sent out as I'm now on my 5th and the issue remains.

This issue is how the purple sim is set up. As the issue is 4g VOLTE. It's the protocol of the sim how it prioritises network. In low signal 4g areas it just can't connect to 3g or GSM for voice and 4g for data.

This is how both white ee (virgin) sim and indeed the ee Sims work.. But not the purple ones.

4g just isn't as good.

0 Kudos