cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proof of usage for insurance claim

Mark113
Joining in

Can anyone help, I need proof of usage for an insurance claim, my phone was purchased from Virgin. I’ve offered to send a copy of my bills but the insurance company insist that I obtain proof of usage.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
If you purchased your phone direct from Virgin Mobile, here's the info you need

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-mobile-proof-of-purchase
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

12 REPLIES 12

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
If you purchased your phone direct from Virgin Mobile, here's the info you need

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-mobile-proof-of-purchase
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Mark113,

Welcome to the community page, thanks for posting.

I am sorry but we do not do proof of usage, so we will be unable to provide you with this information. Please follow the advice given by @BenMcr.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi,

I have mobile insurance with 3rd party company I signed up through online, I bought my phone from Argos I needed to make a claim and they wanted proof of purchase receipt and proof of usage the insurance company told me bill not proof of usage which is strange? Because on your phone bill the pdf document you download has your usage that been used but anyway I downloaded the bill and changed the file name to the month and year of the bill and usage..... so for example your bill is Nov 2020 latest one you will change the name to (Nov 2020 with usage proof) <<<<< making this the file name<<<<<<<  if that make sense? Once I done that and sent it off all the document requested my phone insurance company accepted the document as it actually included my proof of usage on it with no issue hope this helps and works for you.

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Great advice @Amran.

@Mark113, have you been able to provide the insurance company with the usage that is documented on your mobile phone tariff bill?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

yes all sorted now, sent them a bunch of bills, along with proof of purchase and they’ve accepted my claim. 
thanks

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Ah great, thanks for coming back to let us know @Mark113. I'm really glad to hear it's all sorted now 🙂

Best wishes,

Serena

saskialouise
Joining in

Hi, 

I have recently lost my phone, and my insurance company are asking my network provider provides proof of usage, however I did not purchase my phone from you. So how would I go about doing this because without it I cannot make the claim. 

thank you 

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your post @saskialouise,

Have you been able to provide the receipt for the handset to the insurance company?

If you're able to log into your self-care account, you will be able to obtain your bills that itemise all usage of calls, SMS messages and data for your convenience

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Hi,

unfortunately i no longer have the receipt. Is there anyway I could get an email for you to say that you cannot provide proof of usage? 

thank you