Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Proof of purchase and usage.

Hi there,

i have insurance elsewhere for my iPhone XR,I placed the order of the phone through virgin online,  it was accidentally dropped and the screen had shattered so need to claim of the insurance but they need....

PROOF OF PURCHASE,(The supplier, retailer or service provider from where you purchased the device. The date purchased. The device make, model, IMEI, serial number) 

PROOF OF USAGE, (Please provide proof from network provider showing the usage of your insured device, The documentation provided must show the dates of when the device was first and last used, details of the time of use, IMEI number.

I have been unable to speak to someone over the phone at virgin it just keeps saying press 1 to have a text sent with a link but that link doesn’t help me get what I need.

can someone help?

many thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Proof of purchase and usage.

If an email is sufficient for proof of purchase (and you don't delete your emails), you should have an email around the start of your contract.  You should also have a monthly email showing usage (the monthly bill).

IMEI number should be on your online acount.

If they really need the serial number, it'll be on your original packaging, or, once you have the IMEI number, you should be able to get it from Apple (https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT204073#help)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi thanks for replying, I no longer have my emails to show proof of purchase.

the insurance company said they can’t accept bills as evidence 🤦‍♀️ So not sure how I can show proof of usage.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Samantha-ann88,

I'm going to send you a Private Message so I can take a look at your account. Please reply back to it so I can help.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos