Menu
VLNeedham
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Proof of Usage for insurance Claim

Hi

I need to get a proof of usage for an insurance claim and it seems to be proving quite difficult. My insurance company are asking for: 

Proof of usage - this is a single page document provided by your network provider, which confirms the IMEI number of the handset, and the last date the handset was used

I have spoken to Virgin Media three times to request this and keep being told they cannot provide such a thing. I'm slowly loosing the will to live...........can someone please help?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Proof of Usage for insurance Claim

Hi VLNeedham, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

Sorry to hear that you're having some issues getting proof of usage for an insurance claim, I can appreciate you're keen to finish your claim. 

Is the handset from us? If so then we can provide you with everything needed. If it isn't ours then we can only provide the date and time that we blocked the SIM card from being used. 

If it isn't our handset but was added as third party equipment then we'll be able to add the time and date the handset was blacklisted, but we can't confirm the IMEI was used with our SIM specifically. All usage would be covered in your bill. 

Let me know and I'll do what I can do help. 

Thanks. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
VLNeedham
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi, the handset is from Virgin Mobile and is still on contract, this is why I am a bit baffled as to why I’m being told I can’t have the requested info. How can I get the proof of usage, three phone calls to the 789 has not proved very productive so far.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

That is very odd and I do apologise. 

I can certainly help so I'll pop you a personal message and we'll take it from there 🙂 

I look forward to hearing back from you. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos