cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with mobile calls to Ireland from UK Mobile

Zaice
Joining in

Hi there ,

I am having recurring problems dialling landline numbers in Ireland from my UK mobile - the calls  just does not connect or if it does rings once and drops or if I do get through I can hear the person on the other end but they cannot hear me . It’s not a specific number - it’s occurring to landline numbers in Southern Ireland in different parts of the country .

Other posters on this forum have experienced this 

13 REPLIES 13

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Zaice,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm very sorry to hear that you're experiencing some problems calling Ireland based contact numbers from your mobile handset. Have you been able to call non-UK numbers in the past with that phone? What diagnostics and troubleshooting have you performed thus far to try and remedy this?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi Zac - yes I have been able to call non UK numbers before - I can make and take calls to California with no trouble for example .

Your Filipino colleagues got me to change language and region settings on my phone and then reset them back again to English and UK Region but this did not help .

I see exactly the same issues posted elsewhere on this forum from May 2022 by another user .

Hi @Zaice,

I appreciate that some other customers may have experienced similar issues in the past, but that doesn't mean that they are related to one another.

Do you know if the number(s) in Ireland that you're struggling to contact are having issues with making any other calls themselves?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

No Zac 

they are not having issues themselves .

thanks

Hi @Zaice,

Thanks for expanding. Have you tried making these phone calls in a different area to see if the problem is still present? For example, if you're attempting these calls at home have you attempted to make said calls elsewhere away from your home?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

Yes I have - just 30 mns ago from an area 15 miles from home 

I am based in North East London 

Hi @Zaice,

Thank you for checking and confirming. What make and model of handset do you have and are using?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

iPhone SE-

Any further thoughts on this ?