cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Huawei P40 Pro

LuvvyLynnThomas
Tuning in
  • Hi. Does anyone know how to transfer data from the Huawei P40 Pro to the Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra? Can't find a programme that's compatible for the two. 
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Best I can find

https://mobiletrans.wondershare.com/phone-transfer/transfer-data-from-huawei-to-samsung.html

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Lynn,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to see you are struggling to switch all the Data from your old to your new phone, Please see below.

Steps to transfer data from Huawei to Samsung with Smart Switch,

1. Step 1: Download the Smart Switch application. Go to the Play Store and install the Smart Switch application on both phones.
  2. Step 2: Run the Smart Switch Application.
  3. Step 3: Connect the phones. 
  4. Step 4: Check the data that you want to transfer.

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

let us know if the above works for you.

Regards

Paul.

Hi Paul. Thank you for the quick response. Unfortunately Smart Switch does not work on the P40 Pro. Only Huawei's own program, Phone Clone works. And Phone Clone will always default to the Huawei being the new phone. 

I've been trying to find a solution since the new phone arrived 2 days ago. I've tried cable transfer, phone to phone - no program that worked between the two phone companies. Also via USB to my laptop. Same issue - no compatible programs. It was easy transferring between my old Samsung and the new Huawei. Took me 10 minutes to transfer all my data. But I'm scratching my head what to do with my new Samsung S22, as its empty of data. 

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

I am sorry Lynn,

That was information I got online and wasn't able to find anything else or find any other programmes, you can wait for someone else to answer, another forum member who may have the answer, or try reaching out to the Huawei forums.

Regards

Paul.

Hi Paul. No worries. Thanks for your help. I think the main problem is, since I purchased the Huawei from Virgin Mobile 2 years ago, Google has blocked most Apps on Huawei phones. So I can download Smart Switch, but only from Huawei Apps, not Play Store. Lynn. 

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Best I can find

https://mobiletrans.wondershare.com/phone-transfer/transfer-data-from-huawei-to-samsung.html

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Enlli 

Thank you for replying. I think I might have sorted it!

I found this video on YouTube and installed Huawei's Petal Search. I was able to download Smart Switch from there, and that appears to be compatible with both phones. 

https://youtu.be/0W9SMn9n3gc

I've got all my contacts, messages, email and social media. Not sure my Outlook diary has transferred, but I havd the main Apps to use my phone for work.

Thanks once again.

Lynn 😊

Hi @LuvvyLynnThomas
Welcome to the community! 
Glad to hear that you have managed to find a resolution to this. Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns on with your services, we'll be here to help if needed. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Hi Carley, 

Thank you. It's such a relief to sort this, after 2 days of head scratching. The Huawei P40 Pro is the best phone I've had, but I will stick with Samsung in future. 

Lynn