cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems receiving confirmation text messages

robklyn
Tuning in

Hi,

I have recently joined virgin mobile & I have been updating my number with various people & websites that I am register with. I have tried numerous time to update & verify my number with amazon.co.uk but I have never received a confirmation text from them. I have rang customer services & have been told the line is fine. I have since looked on the EE community and found this reply to a customer who appeared to be having the same problem:-

Re: Cannot receive Amazon verification sms

Thank you for posting into the community

Hopefully, we can get this resolved for you quickly

I had the same issue as yourself not only receiving Amazon texts, but other verification texts. 

The issue was that i had a requested the third party/premium text block and this sometimes stops the types of texts companies send to verify

Are you on Pay monthly or Pay as you go?

I can see if our chat team can help you.

Lee

Can anybody help as I am not having any luck with customer services or being able to find a solution online.

Thanks

Rob

46 REPLIES 46

It is so annoying. I cannot use Uber app because I'm not getting verification code. I messaged ModTeam let see if they manage to help me. BTW I did all the suggestions above and nothing helped my case.

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @wasyl00

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

How long has this been going on for?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Well this is first time I tried using Uber app but never had issues with other similar confirmation systems.

Not sure what happened but it worked now! Thanks

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Great to hear so @wasyl00 - let us know if you run into any further issues 🙂

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I am currently having issues with Amazon sending OTP to my mobile device. VM don't have a clue what the issue is, I am amazed that they have had this issue for some years and still have not fixed it.

Deffo moving to some other provider now.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi andmilto, 

Welcome to the Community and thanks for joining. 

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing this issue. You are correct, this is a problem that we are aware of and working to resolve. 

We do have a separate thread with information available here

Thanks

Nat