cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems receiving confirmation text messages

robklyn
Tuning in

Hi,

I have recently joined virgin mobile & I have been updating my number with various people & websites that I am register with. I have tried numerous time to update & verify my number with amazon.co.uk but I have never received a confirmation text from them. I have rang customer services & have been told the line is fine. I have since looked on the EE community and found this reply to a customer who appeared to be having the same problem:-

Re: Cannot receive Amazon verification sms

Thank you for posting into the community

Hopefully, we can get this resolved for you quickly

I had the same issue as yourself not only receiving Amazon texts, but other verification texts. 

The issue was that i had a requested the third party/premium text block and this sometimes stops the types of texts companies send to verify

Are you on Pay monthly or Pay as you go?

I can see if our chat team can help you.

Lee

Can anybody help as I am not having any luck with customer services or being able to find a solution online.

Thanks

Rob

46 REPLIES 46

Northwinds
On our wavelength

Is there any way of escalating this?

This is causing me a LOT of headaches!

And the morons in the offshore call centres are still in absolute denial!

Is there a Virgin Mobile complaints procedure?

Rich_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Northwinds,

There's no way of escalating the ticket as such as it's with the right people to investigate.

On checking this further, I can see the ticket has been closed down as resolved because they were able to successfully receive the text and everyone they contacted could as well.

Are you able to check it again please? (delete app and download again as a precaution).

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team

Can make calls, but no data? Check your "Virgin Mobile APN settings"

This really is a joke.

I've been unable to receive mobile number verification messages from Google this morning - meaning I cannot complete an equipment setup which needs to verify my mobile number.

I've spent hours on the phone with some excellent, very helpful support staff from Google - I'm pretty much convinced the issue is with Virgin Mobile, having read the other posts in this thread.

Why is this problem still persisting after so long?  You're wasting everyone's time.

Hi Chriskeeble, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

I'm really sorry you're having an issue with confirmation messages, this ins't good. 

Does this happen with any other services that use text verification? 

If so then please text our team on 07533016422 we’ll be able to get this sorted out for you. Texts are free for Virgin Mobile customers, and we’re open 8am-10pm M-F, 8am-5pm weekends.

Let us know how you get on. 

Emma_C - Forum Team

Northwinds
On our wavelength

Virgin Mobile really are the worst!

I am actively looking for another provider!

Hi Northwinds, 

Sorry you feel this way. 

Anything we can help with exactly? 

Emma_C - Forum Team

FWIW I have just encountered exactly this issue. Luckily I didn't have an associated telephone number with the Google account, so I could get the message sent to any number, and that made it clear to me that Virgin is at fault here.

This was what I did:

1. I got Google authentication to send a text to my number. It said that it had done so. I didn't receive anything.
  2. I got someone else to send a text to my number. It arrived immediately.
  3. I got Google authentication to send a text to my partner's number (she is also in Virgin). My partner did not receive anything.
  4. I got Google authentication to send a text to a friend's number (on a different provider). My friend received the text immediately, and I successfully used the code to log into the account.

To me, this makes it very clear that text messages are not getting through from Google to Virgin mobile numbers. This is very poor.

I also texted 07533 016422 with this issue and I am still waiting to hear back (it's been just over 20 minutes now).

Thank you for detailing this test and your findings, hopefully it's someone at Virgin will listen and take action now, but I suspect they already know about it and either can't fix it or don't see it as a priority.

Their website sucks too and has huge problems with updating phone services sounds, and they've known about these issues for years too without doing anything to resolve it.

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Rob,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community.

I am sorry to hear that you are unable to receive your amazon verification text.

Amazon do have other methods for verification please have a look here .

In regards to this issue I am going to send you a private message request shortly so I collate as much data as I can to get this escalated and potentially resolved.

Kind regards

Paul.

Hey Emma,

this number doesn't work, no answer from them, anyway, me too since i switched from telus to virgin (i kept same number !) i don't receiving anymore text message from my bank RBC (alert text message when i purshase something), and also i have not anymore text message confirm when i send text message to my contacts. VM problem right ? how fixed that ?

thanks