cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price plan discrepancy

Malks
Joining in

The short version - My new pay monthly package is £20 a month (reduced to £14.50 for the first 6 months). The guy on the phone confirmed it and said it was basically a special offer reduced from £26 a month (17.50 for the first 6). I have screenshots of the deal because I went through the chat bot on the website before the call. But when I got the email confirmation it only has the £26/£17.50 on it. How can I get written confirmation of what the deal is?

4 REPLIES 4

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

I'm not sure, and unfortunately experience is that some phone agents deliberately agree deals they know they can't put through on the system, leaving the customer worse off, or having to fight to get the deal.

However, you're on absolutely solid ground because your legal rights are crystal clear - information provided by a company verbally or written is binding if the consumer relies upon it when entering a contract (Consumer Rights Act 2015), so VM have to honour whatever was offered and agreed, whether they like it or not.  Normally in these situations the forum staff can check for you, and confirm the agreed deal has been actioned, or perhaps more likely not.  If it hasn't they can get that corrected, and they'll be aware that a formal complaint escalated to the industry complaints scheme CISAS is very expensive for the company, and the company will be forced to comply.

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Malks,

A warm welcome and thanks for posting on our community forums. Unfortunately, this would not be something we can deal with from our community forums, as this is a package offer dispute.

We would recommend you to speak to our Mobile team directly on 789/0345 600 0789 or message us on 0753 301 6422.

We understand completely that you would like the original deal you were offered for £14.50 per month, and this would be something our Mobile team will investigate for you.

Please let us know the outcome.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Thanks. I've had confirmation now on the WhatsApp chat that I'll be paying the lower amo2. I guess now I just need to wait for the first bill to come in and see what it is.... 

Many thanks for the update Malks .

We're really pleased that you have been given the lower price that you were originally quoted. Please do keep unposted and let us know if this has been added correctly when your first bill is produced.

If you need any further assistance, please come back to us. 

All the best and have a lovely weekend.

Jodi.