Menu
tammyc
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Price Increase

Hi, I have just noticed that my usual £4, airtime contract has now increased to £13, I am unaware of receiving an email about this, but after googling realise I am not the only one, my question is, when I originally set up my contract virgin were doing get 5gb free for life, which obviously I agreed to, which went Along with my 1gb that I paid for, so presumably since they are changing my contract, which comes with 5gb, then I should actually get 10gb, as the original contract was 'for life. I will be phoning anyway to see what options are open, as I can't afford what they are offering, just want to know where I stand re the free for life bit.

0 Kudos
teabag
Superstar
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Price Increase

Usually the promotions are called "Lifetime", which Lifetime as in the life of the contract and not as in life, Virgin changed the contract which meant the Lifetime promotion was cancelled :-(

I guessing you have a Freestyle phone contract?, if you do and get nowhere when you phone - remember the SIM is on a 30 day contract, so you also have the choice of looking elsewhere for the SIM , the phone loan payments would carry-on as normal.

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
tammyc
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply, not very happy about that, see what they say when I phone

0 Kudos
Keith9534
Dialled in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

If you ask for a PAC code they will try to tell you that you can`t leave as you have a phone contract also.

This isn`t true and the payments can continue for the phone part once you have transferred service elsewhere (which you should do as there are better deals out there)

0 Kudos