cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Premium Rate & Service Numbers

paperclip
Well-informed

If you have premium rate outgoing calls starting with 0904 barred in settings can you still call service numbers starting with 0844? 

7 REPLIES 7

Corey_C

Hi paperclip, 

A premium call bar will apply to all chargable or service numbers this includes 0844.

Cheers,

Corey C

@Corey_C

I have the premium calls barred and did have at the time of the £13.61 charge, so why is this showing on the 18th of March?

Not really sure, paperclip, but I'd be happy to send you a private message and confirm your mobile account details and see if we can get those billings sorted.

I have already been sent the bill and I see the number in question on 18th March for 13.61, 

I didn't make that call ,I'm sure of it .

Anyhow, I had premium calls barred on that particular date so why does it show on my bill for £13.61 on 18th March at 17.51.? 

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

My understanding is that 0845 0844 0800 0843 etc are not classed as Premium Rate but as none Geographic and are not barred. I know for certain that is true of O2, Vodafone and EE so there is no reason to think Virgin are any different.

The best way to stop it happening is to set your spend cap to zero, that way they cannot be made.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks