Menu
caravanj
Fibre optic
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Premium Rate Text Message Barring.

After the recent posts about premium rate text message scams I decided to get my phone blocked from receiving them so I contacted VM on 789 & a block has been enabled.

I've used 789 to do PAYGO auto-top ups but It's the first time I've used 789 to speak to anyone from VM.

I got through to an agent in about 1 minute, she spoke good English, understood what I wanted & actioned it. All I had to do was follow her instruction to switch off my phone & switch it back on again.

The entire call lasted lasted 3mins 59secs so credit where credit's due.

Forum Team (Retired) Rich_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Premium rate Text Messages Barring.

Hi caravanj,

I'm really pleased to hear you received excellent service from our team Smiley Happy.

Rich
Forum Team

Can make calls, but no data? Check your "Virgin Mobile APN settings"

0 Kudos
caravanj
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Rich_B wrote:

Hi caravanj,

I'm really pleased to hear you received excellent service from our team Smiley Happy.

I received an equally good service when I next contacted 789 to raise the issue of incorrect charges for 78900 balance checking texts.

Again I was only on the phone for a few minutes before I got an answer to my query.

0 Kudos
Sj6904
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Well I have rang Virgin twice today, having found out I have been charged almost £50 over the last 3 months at £4.50 per week for "gogamehub" (that I know nothing about) only to be told that this is NOT possible..... Can you please confirm who is correct?

0 Kudos