cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting second number to another provider

ashchura
Joining in

My daughter and I have our numbers under the same VM account which I pay the bill for. My daughter now wishes to have her own account, but also to keep her number and move to O2 instead. I want to keep my number on VM.

I gather that usually she could get a new O2 SIM and port her number using a PAC code, but my concerns are:

1 - Will using a PAC code cancel both numbers and/or my remaining account?
2 - Will the number successfully be in her name after porting? (e.g. my details aren't carried with it)

Many thanks,
Ash

1 REPLY 1

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @ashchura,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post and I'm very sorry to hear that you're having some issues with your PAC code request. 

If you wish to disconnect a number from your account, you can take a look at our How To Keep My Number page to follow the steps outlined there on how to get a PAC code.

However, if you're unsure if this would impact the other mobile number on your account, we would advise you contact our Mobile team directly on 789/ 0345 600 0789 to have this process complete for you. 🙂

Please keep us updated on how you get on, we're here if you need any further help or assistance. 

Thanks! 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs