cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting number is not being updated for iMessage

Sanat129
Joining in

Hi There, 

I was using lyca and last month switched to virgin keeping my old number but unfortunately I won’t able to retain my number for iMessage or iCloud. On my device the mobile number says different. 

I’ve tried to reach customer support couple of times but no luck. Can you please help me with this.

Thanks,

42 REPLIES 42

Only iMessage is being affected 

Thanks and when updates the number does it go back to showing the wrong one, or is it showing the right number in settings but wrong number in text?
Is it when you text people or when people are texting you?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

The number doesn’t change anywhere. Neither on iMessages nor on phone settings (my number) manually.

Ok thanks for coming back to me. I shall send you a PM now to get further details

Kind regards

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

This is happening to me too

Hey @AccioNox,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your number after transferring to Virgin Mobile, have you followed all of the advice on this thread about the issue?

Regards,

Steven_L

Yes. I’m onto Apple now. 

Ok, @AccioNox and please let us know, if you need any further assistance after you have spoken with Apple. 

Regards,

Steven_L

Well their suggestions didn’t work. 

Thank you for the update @AccioNox

When did you port your number to us please?

Could you also please confirm what suggestions in this thread you have tried so far to resolve this?

Please pop back to us when you can.

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide