cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting number failed, cant make outgoing calls or use new number

SolidCoal
Joining in

I scheduled a port of my old number to virgin mobile on wednesday to take place yesterday. Since yesterday the website has said something went wrong. Link on that page to contact doesnt work. Around 1pm yesterday my old sim (vodafone) showed de-registered for voice and texts stopped sending to my number so I assumed that things were going through, however my number never ported across. I also cant make outgoing calls on my new sim so I'm left completely without contact. 

Trying to resolve it over support chat and they keep trying to get me to call or use whatsapp which I cant do for obvious reasons, still waiting. Needs sorting ASAP.

8 REPLIES 8

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi SolidCoal, welcome to the community! Thank you for posting. 

Sorry to hear of your issues with the number port. 

We will need to confirm some details with you in order to look into this further. I will send you a PM for this and then return to the public thread when we can. You will find the PM in the top right corner of the page, in your inbox. 

All the best. 

Molly

I've sent through the verification. I managed to get through to support eventually who advised me that its showing the port request and that sometimes it can take 24-48 hours to go through (that should probably be more clear.), so I guess I have to wait and see if the port completes itself over the next day.

SolidCoal
Joining in

Still waiting on this port; its now been another 72 hours.

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @SolidCoal,

Thanks for the update, I'm really sorry to hear that you are still waiting on the number port. I have taken a look and can see that the porting team have been advised and the issue has been raised with our support team. We will keep you updated with any progress as soon as there's any further information 🙂

Kind regards,

Serena

Hi thanks, the number has now been ported successfully and things are now working. I assume that VM will automatically be in touch about the previous loss of service and the delay of port?

Thanks for raising the issue with support.

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for getting back to us @SolidCoal I'm glad to hear that the port has been successful and things are working for you now. Would you like me to raise a complaint for you regarding the delay of the port and the loss of service?

Kind regards,

Serena

Hi Serena,

Yes please, if you could raise this for me that would be ideal.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @SolidCoal,

Thank you for discussing this issue with me via Private Message. I'm glad that we have been able to resolve this issue together and I'm glad that your number port has been completed.

I am sorry for any inconvenience caused by this and I hope you reach out to us again if you come across any questions or queries. 🙂

Let us know if there's anything else we can do to help.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs