cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting my mobile number to Virgin

ChrisDeane9420
Tuning in

Hi Virgin team. I tried calling 789 and lost three hours of my life with no answer over the last two weeks!  After 40 mins I have to hang up and now constantly get the message we are so busy phone back. 

My issue is I bought a mobile package phone and SIM in November. The phone got to me 30th December. By then the PAC from EE expired. I got a new PAC, all good to go but I get a message saying PAC being used by another provider when trying to transfer on line on the Virgin site. 

I did get through TWICE via phone Jan 4 & 5 to be told both times that Virgin had an IT issue and to try calling in next day. Well I can't get the phone to answer now. At wits end as this is appalling. Anything you can do to help? This should be basic stuff but I'm paying for something i cannot use and cannot get help. This is my last throw of the dice before looking to cancel all of my Virgin product and find someone who will answer the phone or help ( sorry getting emotional) 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi ChrisDeane9420

Just a quick note to confirm you're satisfied with the response and efforts of the forum team?  Remember if you ever need assistance in the future, our fantastic community and forum team are always willing to lend a hand.

Regards

Lee_R

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @ChrisDeane9420,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums.

I am very sorry to hear you're having some PAC trouble. To clarify, you have obtained a PAC from EE to transfer your number with them to our network, but when you attempt to do this online an error is appearing?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi Zach, I obtained the PAC by texting from my mobile so I suggest YES from EE. any ideas what I can try. I will give Virgin another call today and come back if I get no answer again 

Thanks ChrisDeane9420,

Please let us know how the call goes and we'll take it from there 🙂

Alex_Rm

Hi, please can you investigate as I no longer know what to do. I joined Virgin from EE, with a new mobile and got given mobile number [REMOVED]. I obtained a PAC CODE [REMOVED] from EE. I applied this to port telephone number [REMOVED]to my new Virgin mobile [REMOVED]on line. Nothing happened. I tried again but get an error saying  'whoops, cannot be used as used'. I phoned Virgin 789 and was told by your agent there is an IT issue on your system and to try again next day if not resolved. I tried again next day, same result. I called again and told the same ( BTW wait times 30 mins is not fun). I joined this forum where it was suggested I try calling again. I finally got through on Saturday. Your agent said I most likely incorrectly entered the PAC code and your organization has no record of the number so its likely be transferred to another provider (NOT Virgin) and I should contact EE as there issue and nothing you can do. I contacted EE today who said to me that my number [REMOVED] had been transferred successfully  to Virgin mobile of the 6th January ( I have transcripts of the conversation). They could only confirm Virgin had taken the mobile number and applied it to a customer. Can you please investigate and tell me anything???. The EE account is closed now as the PAC code did its job and shut down the EE account. However, if I ring the number  it is unavailable suggesting its not assigned to a customer, and I still  cannot use my new mobile for two week as the number has not come across. Sorry, beginning to regret making this switch with two large network providers blaming each other and poor me in the middle, paying for something I cannot use.  Any ideas / thoughts / suggestions / HELP??? 

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

Hi ChrisDeane9420 thanks for posting and welcome to our community

I am sorry to hear your number has not been correctly ported.  I would like to take a closer look on your behalf.  I am going to send you a private message.

Regards

Lee_R

Hi ChrisDeane9420

Just a quick note to confirm you're satisfied with the response and efforts of the forum team?  Remember if you ever need assistance in the future, our fantastic community and forum team are always willing to lend a hand.

Regards

Lee_R