Menu
Qazwsx
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Ported phone to Virgin not working

I ported my phone and my wife's to virgin on or around 20 September from Giff Gaff and they are still not receiving calls or texts. I am told It is Giff Gaff fault but nothing seems to be being done. My ported numbers do both work nor do my temporary virgin ones. The numbers seem to have been cancelled on giff gaff but not arrived on virgin. I an understand a weeks delay but we are heading for three weeks now. When will this be resolved? Thank you

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Qazwsx
Joining in
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Ported mobiles to virgin not working

I ported my phone and my wife's to Virgin on or around 20 September from Giff Gaff and they are still not receiving calls or texts. I am told the issue lies with Giff Gaff but nothing seems to be being done. Both ported numbers will no longer receive calls nor do the temporary virgin ones that came with the Sims. We have a sim only contract. The numbers seem to have been cancelled on Giff Gaff but not arrived on Virgin. I an understand a weeks delay but we are heading for three weeks now. When will this be resolved? Thank you

0 Kudos
Anhelyna
Up to speed
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ported mobiles to virgin not working

You said
<<I ported my phone and my wife's to Virgin on or around 20 September from Giff Gaff and they are still not receiving calls or texts.>>

Did you perhaps mean 20 August ?
0 Kudos
Qazwsx
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Sorry yes

0 Kudos
Qazwsx
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Sorry are you able to help?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ported phone to Virgin not working

Hi Qazwsx,

Sorry to hear that your ported numbers are not working and understand that you're keen to get it resolved.

Can you confirm when you made the port request and when the numbers ported to us?

Are you on contract or sim only with us? 

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Qazwsx
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

We were due to port on 27/8/19 and to the best of my knowledge that was when we ported across. This was requested on Thursday 22/8/19. It was delayed due to the Bank Holiday Monday on 26th of August. Giff Gaff are saying this is nothing to do with them though your customer service told me on the phone the issue was with them and the reference to query this with them was P009529850.

My number is [Removed] and my wife's is [Removed].

We are both on SIM only.

Thanks

Bob

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Bob,

I would need to take your mobile phone numbers  that were supplied by Virgin Mobile

I'll drop you a PM so we can investigate further in a secure environment

Kindest regards

David_Bn

0 Kudos