cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ported number. Can't make or receive calls or text

BT19580801
Joining in

Hi,

Switched to Virgin Mobile from Smarty. Number was supposed to have been ported yesterday (23rd Nov 2021).

Got 2 emails from Virgin mobile. 'Good news! your PAC code has been confirmed.....' and 'Great news we're all done switching......'

Today (24th), still can't make or receive calls or SMS. Data seems to be working.

It's an Apple XR updated to IOS 15, I've checked the settings on the phone. Tried popping the SIM out and back in and rebooting.

Can anyone help?

Thanks, Brian

8 REPLIES 8

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @BT19580801

Thanks for your post 🙂 

I'm so sorry to hear this, I appreciate this is very frustrating and we apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

Were you able to send/receive calls and texts before you were notified the number was successfully ported over? 

Are you able to try the sim in an alternative device to see if this is a device issue? 

Thanks, 

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Thanks for getting back so quickly.

I didn't use the phone while I was waiting for the number to port, it worked fine before on the old sim.
I don't have another device to hand to try it in.
On the data side it is working fine, just calls and texts not working.

Brian

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for confirming @BT19580801

We have just had an update that numerous customers are reporting they're unable to make/receive texts and calls currently, apologies about that. 

I have limited updates on this at the moment, but the team are looking into things and as soon as I have more information on the issue I'll pop another post on this thread. 

Thanks, 

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Thanks for that.

I'll wait to see what happens then 🙂

Brian

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

No worries 🙂 

Thanks, 

Sofia
Forum Team

Yorkstig
Joining in

I could have posted exactly the same, except substitute O2 instead of Smarty.

I was told to wait 2 days while they sort it out. 

2 days! A good mobile company would sort it out in 2 minutes. 

We just had a complete Virgin outage (TV BROADBAND and PHONE) here for 2 hours... but then it all came back on my phone is now working!

Thanks for all your help 🙂

Thanks for the update @BT19580801, and we're pleased to hear this is now resolved for you

Do feel free to come back to us if you have any further issues that need to be addressed

Kindest regards,

David_Bn