cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port mobile number from oomph SIM & get replacement number for oomph SIM

BigAndyOx
Tuning in

Hello

My bundle comes with a 5GB oomph SIM, which was given to my partner to use.

I've now picked up an O2 SIM to benefit from the Volt offer and as signal wasn't the best on the Virgin mobile SIM.

I would like to port her number to the O2 SIM, but don't want to cancel the oomph 5GB SIM, just replace it with another generic number.

Is it possible to get a replacement SIM sent out once I get a PAC code for the current oomph SIM?

I don't want to cancel the SIM entirely, as that would make me lose out on my welcome offer discount.

Thanks,

Andrew

3 REPLIES 3

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @BigAndyOx, thanks for messaging us via the forums.

As I understand it you have just taken a sim with 02 and want to port the existing Virgin Mobile number to that 02 sim thus removing the number you have gotten with 02 and replace it with the number which is currently on the Oomph sim.

In order to do this you would need to contact the sales team as they would need to take out the oomph sim again. Once this order has been done a new number would be created. In order to do this you would need to have a credit check performed for the new sim card.

Thanks

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Using the information from this article, I can see it isn't possible to port the number without terminating the SIM.

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly/Using-PAC-but-keep-my-contract/td-p/1047458

I will need to ask my partner to change her number if she wants to benefit from the newer SIM.

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @BigAndyOx,

Thank you for letting me know.

I am sorry that this appears to be something we can not do, I do hope everything works out with the new Sim for your partner.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide