cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor to no signal

wanyu1229
Joining in

Hello all

I have been experiencing poor to no signal in Leamington Spa (CV325LD) for a few days, even in open air areas in the town centre. 

Service status shows no issue and coverage checker says all good too. My husband who uses an android phone also has the same problem and I have an iPhone so it's definitely not a phone issue. We also tried resetting network following virgin’s suggested tips but still no luck.

Text messages seem fine but WhatsApp does not even connect 90% of the time. We can barely open any webpage. 

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

96D0513C-7E51-4EB8-920F-B0F05FB47B26.png

15 REPLIES 15

It’s nationwide from the posts we see daily on this Board - does anyone anywhere get decent 4G speeds (50Mb+) on Virgin Mobile? 

Hi @wanyu1229 thanks for your reply once again.

Can you please confirm if you've noticed any issues with calls and texts, so we can narrow this down to a data-only issue?

Additionally, is the data roaming turned on, if it isn't can you please turn this on and see if things improve for you?

Finally, is wifi calling switched on and if not, can you please turn that on to see if things improve?

Many thanks

Tom_W

@Tom_W1 wrote:

Hi @wanyu1229 thanks for your reply once again.

Can you please confirm if you've noticed any issues with calls and texts, so we can narrow this down to a data-only issue?

Additionally, is the data roaming turned on, if it isn't can you please turn this on and see if things improve for you?

Finally, is wifi calling switched on and if not, can you please turn that on to see if things improve?

Many thanks

Hi Tom 

Thanks for your message. It’s definitely data only issue - roaming and wifi calling both switched on, calls and texts fine, but data speed is still 0 both upload and download. 
If I switch it to 3G it works, download speed increased to… 0.6 MB and upload speed remains 0. 

Hi @wanyu1229 thanks for your reply and confirmation.

Okay one more question please - given your wifi calling has been turned on, can you confirm if turning it off makes any difference at all please?

Many thanks

Tom_W

@Tom_W1 wrote:

Hi @wanyu1229 thanks for your reply and confirmation.

Okay one more question please - given your wifi calling has been turned on, can you confirm if turning it off makes any difference at all please?

Many thanks

Hi Tom

No it doesn’t change anything. Neither dose roaming or whether I set automatic or manual search for network provider. The only difference is if I chose 3G rather than 4G - at least webpages can be loaded despite slowly. 
Any advice on how to make a formal complaint to virgin please? 

Hi @wanyu1229 thanks for your reply, I can appreciate your frustrations.

I can help to log a complaint for you, but most of all I want to get this fixed for you which I would anticipate is what you want as a resolution.

I'm going to send you a PM to obtain more information which should help with this, so please expect this PM to arrive shortly and respond when you can.

Many thanks

Tom_W