Menu
gnek
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Poor/non-existent mobile service indoors at home

No service. Selected network unavailable..........is now a daily occurrence when I am at home. I have just realised that having my phone propped up in a bedroom window, with a baby monitor switched on when I'm downstairs, isn't really a service I'm prepared to pay for.

I switched to a sim only deal having looked at the coverage checker (Virgin), but wish now that I'd known about the ofcom one. I live in N. Ireland and I need my phone for work availability and keeping in touch with my elderly parents.

I have been through all the different phone settings and swapped my sim to different phones with no change. I was prompted to post this due to the fact that my wife was trying to contact me, as a matter of urgency, all morning and couldn't get in touch.

I feel able to give a very objective view on my Virgin mobile experience to date, and trust me, I would never recommend it to anyone.

0 Kudos
nick_london
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Poor/non-existent mobile service indoors at home

Hi

Have you ever been able to get a good signal on Virgin Mobile at your house?

Virgin use EE so if Virgin isn’t good where you are then the same will apply to EE and other networks that use EE. It might be worth checking out EE’s coverage checker just to see what it says.

If you have previously been able to get good signal it maybe due to a mast being down.

If I was you I’d ring 789 and speak to customer services and they can investigate this issue properly.

Just a word of advice, always test the network coverage with a pay as you go SIM card of the network you wish to join before signing up to any contract.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Poor/non-existent mobile service indoors at home

Hi gnek,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community.

I'm really sorry to hear that you've been unable to get a signal in your property and I can appreciate you're keen for us to look in to this. 

Do you have signal everywhere else? Is it just in your property? Has it previously worked or has it just started happening?

Thanks

Melissa_F

0 Kudos