Menu
speczz
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Poor network signal

I upgrade several days ago and since I swapped my SIM into my new phone I have had next to no network signal with it constantly dropping out during calls. How can I get a new SIM as virgin are actually being useless and extremely unhelpful plus their website is god awful and constantly down

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Poor network signal

It may be that when you upgraded you moved from an EE hosted signal to Vodafone, Virgin's new network supplier.

What does this give you

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/network/status-checker

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @speczz

Thank you so much for your post and I am so sorry to see you are experiencing this issue! 

Can I ask if you have been able to use the link kindly provided by @enlli to check the signalling in your area at all? 

Ash_C
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
c_smith
Dialled in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

If you've got the same issue as me, my answer is get used to it. Since I signed up to an oomph sim as part of my overall VM package FOUR MONTHS ago, I have had similar issues. Constant drop outs mid conversation and occasionally people can't even hear me when at all on a call, but I can hear them.

Tried to resolve it via customer services several times, but anything they done made no difference. I was then told it was because they were transitioning between EE and Vodafone networks and it was a known issue and there was no timeframe for resolving it. I finally gave up trying and have got used to the phone cutting off constantly when speaking to people and having to call them back.

Hope you have better luck than I've had at resolving it.
0 Kudos
Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear of the issues experienced with your mobile signal, have you recently been migrated over to Vodafone at all? This usually happens when changing tariff or receiving a replacement SIM card. As enlli has advised you can check the Vodafone coverage here

Rob

0 Kudos