cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor mobile signal

Pluggirl
Joining in

Hi All

I am having a problem with signal strength which started a couple of weeks ago. Although I have been able to use my Samsung A21s indoors over the last two years with Vm, now I am having calls dropping or not even getting through to me. My friend who is on Vm with the same phone came round to check the signal on his phone and found the same problem.The signal was also tested in the street and found to have have a fluctulating strength of one to two bars on both phones (although the Vodafone coverage shows as 4 bars in my area) We did an on line chat with Vm on Sunday 6th but after being asked to re-register the phone to Virgin, were cut off as the operater said she was going on a fixed break!! We called the tec' help desk on 7th; the end result being asked to reset networking on the phone, this again did not help. This phone is an important life line for me to my family and it appears no one is taking into account the fact that the signal is also weak outside of the house, having been checked on two phones and just want to blame my phone. Can any one please help.

Thanks Barry.

11 REPLIES 11

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

HI @Pluggir, thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

I am sorry to hear that you're having a poor signal on your mobile.  You've mentioned your SIM is on the Vodafone network.  Do you know if this is a very recent migration?  Or have you been on the Vodafone network for some time?

Regards

Lee_R

Hi Lee_R
I think the Virgin migration from EE to Vodafone was last year sometime. The problem I have now started around two weeks ago but is now worse.

Thanks for getting back to me @Pluggirl

Have you checked for any updates on here?

Regards

Lee_R

Thanks Lee_R. Yes we checked the link several times; it shows full coverage for voice inside and out; although as I pointed out above, when we checked outside my house, both my friends phone - on Virgin - and mine are only showing fluctulating between 1-2 bars.
Regards
Pluggirl

I am really sorry.  As your initial statement also says you have the same handset as your friend.  Is there anyway you could test your SIM in another handset?  Do you have another handset compatible with your SIM that's unlocked to our network?

Regards

Lee

Not sure I will have to see if m friend can help as he is more into tec than me; although I can't see why the phones would both suddenly be responsible for weak reception as they work fine away from this road with 3 & 4 bar reception in the local area my friend who lives a quarter of a mile away has no reception problems.

Regards

Pluggirl

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It all depends on the date you migrated to Vodafone. Although this started last year most have only moved in the last 3 weeks.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

How does someone see if their Virgin Mobile service is on Vodafone or EE?

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Nialli wrote:
How does someone see if their Virgin Mobile service is on Vodafone or EE?

Do a manual network search. If in the list of networks Vodafone is missing but EE can be seen you are on  Vodafone 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks