cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor mobile signal

iddurr
Joining in

I've been using virgin mobile as part of the oomph bundle for over a year now. I've been putting up with poor signal strength as I know the signal is provided by ee, which is really bad in my area. I understand virgin is in transitioning to Vodafone. Is there any way of making this happen so I can use the phone at home again ? 

10 REPLIES 10

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The message put out on here seems to be wait or sign up for another new contract to get it now.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for your post, iddurr,

If the 5G option is available in your area, then a tariff change to a 5G tariff will switch the SIM as enlli advised. 

Cheers,

Corey C

Not sure I would be able to able to change tariff as my mobile is part of my oomph bundle. Im not to concerned about 4g or 5g I just want to be able to make phone calls.

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Oomph deals are finished anyway so changing tariff could mean a loss of Oomph benefits.

Sadly, Virgin are being cagey as to when people will be swapped. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Thanks for your reply, iddurr, 

You would lose the Oomph benefits, that is correct. The alternative would be waiting for the automatic 5G migration to take place, and there is no set timetable for when.  Are you having poor signal indoors or outdoors?

Cheers,

Corey C

Both really. Once you're a couple of hundred yards away from the house then its fine. My bundle runs out in April so i may have to wait till then and switch to o2 via supercharged .

Thanks for your reply, iddurr,

How many bars do you get in the home? And can you share with me what network providers you get listed when you do a network search on your mobile handset? 

Cheers,

Corey C

Network search search shows Virgin, O2, Vodafone, 3UK. The signal bars vary from one to none.

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You are definitely on EE then